1.25.2011

TUESDAY TAILOR ♥ RICHARD NICOLL X FRED PERRY LTD EDITION COLLECTION (OH YEAH)

Loving it all...styling, casting, attitude.

I was absolutely floored when I saw the lookbook pics from the new Richard Nicoll for Fred Perry collection. Maybe everyone doesn't see what I see (or maybe they do)...but what I see is precision casting...look at her face and her puggy nose, which I think is fantastic, and her attitude and fresh look. She looks like an actress someone kept secret and then sprung out. The styling is amazing, inspired by 50s Teddy Girls (which of course we love at Nancy Girl). But the look is brought up to speed. It's still modern and new. And then the clothes are perfect. They still look very very Fred Perry, but definitely have a Richard Nicoll twist. I'm thrilled he's got the spotlight because it was clear when I met him and hung out with him that he was very genuine. He wasn't someone caught up in what he thought he should be doing/designing. He seemed very patient and confident that his time would come. And it has with his namesake line shooting up there, his being named the new creative head at Cerruti (even though it was just announced they're shutting the womenswear down , more is sure to come) and now this perfect match. Can't wait to see what else is on the way! PS I also own the raddest and tiniest Fred Perry jacket that I purchased almost 10 years ago...and everyone always comments how it's so hard to get the tiny stuff. But maybe now everyone can get the tiny stuff from this collection.♡

Richard Nicoll's sketches for Fred Perry...I love these!




more tuesday tailor ♥ mandy coon

images from http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk

No comments: