1.30.2012

MAKEUP MON ♥ FAB ULTRA REPAIR CREAM

So upon receiving news that I was headed to the freezing Midwest, I immediately panicked as I have really dry skin or combo-to-dry skin. But on cold, dry days where you go from the outside into really heated rooms, my skin really can't handle it too much. I asked for advice a bit too late, but I did do a lot of research and then headed off to pick up some things that I thought would help. One new discovery came from a salesgirl at Sephora. She told me her sister lives in freezing weather and that the FIRST AID BEAUTY'S ULTRA REPAIR CREAM ("Intensive Therapy")was the only way to go. It wasn't too too expensive at about $30 for a huge tub, so I thought it would be a good idea to take it with me just in case the other things (like a Dermalogica face cream) didn't cut it. 


This is a really good cream in that it did heal a lot of the dry patches I had and flaky spots that never really went away. But I couldn't use it under my makeup as it made my makeup peel or roll or you know what I mean. BUT I did use it at night, every night, before going to bed. And I am still using it as a night cream because it seems to have fixed a lot of little things that were going on with my face and also made my face look a bit brighter. Pretty cool stuff. 

Here's what it doesn't have in it...NO parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances (which I can't handle), synthetic dyes, phthalates, gmo's or triclosan. 

What it does do and/or have is....colloidal oatmeal (which is like the only really approved ingredient to treat eczema), shea butter, soothing eucalyptus oil and ceramides. It's a good cream for anyone (according to sephora.com) with "severely dry, scaly skin due to harsh winter weather, aggressive cosmetic treatments, or any of the following conditions: atopic dermatitis, irritant eczema, allergic eczema, keratosis pilaris." There's also a load of figures saying how many people got results from using this. All I can say is you do see results. It's as good as some prescription creams I've had. I was amazed. I read a lot of people do actually use this as a day cream. But it doesn't work that way for my skin. But maybe it'll work for you. 

Even though next time I'll be sure to take some good old fashioned Nivea and petroleum jelly, I will most def be bringing this tub of FAB cream with me, too.♡

more makeup monday ♥ natural and free

No comments: