3.30.2012

♥ GIRL FRIDAY ♥ STYLIST MASAYO KISHI & HER JUNKO SHIMADA STORY ♥

I have been dying to have one of my favorite stylist and friends, MASAYO KISHI, be a part of Nancy Girl...well, now she is! She offered a very gorgeous story about JUNKO SHIMADA, and I took it! If you're in the industry and looking for genius stylists, she's someone to keep at the top of your list...enjoy! CLICK ON IMAGES TO ENLARGE THEM...it's worth it!♡






INTERVIEW WITH JUNKO SHIMADA 
Inspiration for design 
Chinos are what General of The Army Douglas MacArthur used to wear. Shirts from the Army, uniforms from Pan Am airlines and French marine hats. I usually get inspired from traditional items. Textiles for marine looks, gingham checks and stripes are Junko Shimada's basic look. I also use a lot of snake prints. I believe that snakes protect our lives and homes from evil spirits which are ancient beliefs.

In Paris
When I arrived in Paris, it was right in the middle of French New Wave: Jeanne Moreau, who played Elevator to the GallowsAnita Ekberg, in La Dolce Vita, especially the love scene at the Trevi Fountain with Marcello Mastroianni and Monica Vitti in The Eclipse who performed with Alain Delon.  They are perfect for Junko Shimada.

Photographers
After being in this industry for decades, I have two favorites that I have worked with. One is Guy Bourdin who shot numerous iconic pictures with a french essence.  Sometimes eccentric yet strong and sexy. The other is Arthur Elgort who is strong but a different type of atmosphere from Guy within natural light. He surely understands women and extracts sophisticated beauty.

What is your future and expectation after 30 years of working in fashion?
I always believe that I will make better clothes tomorrow.



Collage and Interview Credits
Illustration: Tsuyoshi Hirano
Art works: Kazunori Izumiya
Contributor: Naohiro Tanaka 


Fashion Story Credits
Photography: Makoto Nakagawa
Styling: Masayo Kishi
Hair: Matsukaz (3rd)
Make up: Sadafumi Ito (Nars)
Models:
Iryna R .@Bravo Models  
Magda S. @Stage Tokyo Model Agency

No comments: