3.18.2012

SAT SHOPPING ♥ CURRENT FAVORITES

These are some things I've purchased recently that I love love. A lot of them are makeup or skincare. But oh well. That's okay, right? OK...let's get started...

I've been purchasing things from the drugstore that have amazed me. I mean, I do have some new Chanel product and some other great skincare I ordered from beautybay.com (free world-wide shipping...but it takes weeeeeeks!) and such. But it is nice that these days, even if you're in your sloppy clothes, and it's late or you don't want to go on a proper shopping binge, that you can head to a drugstore and buy good quality product. I  mean, how fun is that? I love love love it. I never bought drugstore makeup...well, hardly any...for years. Mostly because when you are or used to be a magazine editor, they'd mail you loads, truckloads, of the best stuff (I used to get dresses messengered over to me as well as makeup in boxes and huge packages of lovely bath stuff like L'Occitane....). And frankly I wasn't really into the quality or the colors they offered in drugstore makeup/beauty lines. NO LONGER....now the game has changed and they are competing with the top-tier brands. And delivering...

There's so much to cover, but I'll only write about a few here right now...

First are the lipsticks. I am in love IN LOVE (thanks to makeup maven Lisa Eldridge's suggestions) with the matte lipsticks by REVLON. I have OO1 NUDE ATTITUDE (gorgeous), 002 PINK POUT and I'm on the hunt for MAUVE IT OVER. The formula is so...rich. It comes off as an expensive brand. I also kept hearing about this amazing discontinued color, STRAWBERRY SUEDE (just by the name, I had to own it)...which is a matte, coral-y, flash red...I ordered three online from Ebay and I was not disappointed in the least. SO SO SO SO AMAZING. My new favorite red. I'm so happy I own three now. Makes you wonder who these morons are who discontinue a shade like this and keep the other colors like Cherries in the Snow (which is pretty...but not as modern as Strawberry Suede). I think it's easy to find them on Ebay if you are interested. 

REVLON NUDE ATTITUDE

REVLON PINK POUT

REVLON STRAWBERRY SUEDE (THIS PIC DOESN'T DO IT JUSTICE...IT'S A BIT FLASH LIKE MAC'S LADY DANGER..BUT BETTER!)

L-R: STRAWBERRY SUEDE, PINK POUT, NUDE ATTITUDE
The other two lip products I am loving are by Rimmel. The first is the lip liner called EASTEND SNOB...I have never used a Rimmel lip liner and I really, come to think about it, haven't used a lip liner for more than 10 years. I just used to use lip stains for eons, but I wanted a new look and I like the nudes. But I had to learn that they look better with a bit of liner on your lips. Rimmel's Eastend Snob liner is pretty amazing. Easy, nice packaging, great color, long-wearing. It took a while to find it because it was sold out everywhere. But I found one and I'm THRILLED! I had learned about that one from watching this YouTuber called HANNAHGEORGINA24. (She's awesome, BTW, with really good taste.) And then I learned about another lipstick from a YouTuber I'm going to feature on here on Monday as she is probably my new favorite beauty guru on YouTube. The lipstick is number 14, a nude, from Rimmel's Kate (Moss) collection. Wow...what a rich/expensive/perfect lipstick...from a drugstore brand! This is my new fave, maybe, after Strawberry Suede. I could not be happier with these two products. I mean, I've only always worn expensive lipsticks, but I am loving these so very much. I have a ton of other stuff to write about that I recently purchased, but I'll write about those in other posts as this one is way too long. 

RIMMEL'S KATE MOSS COLLECTION IN SHADE 14

RIMMEL'S LIPLINER IN EASTEND SNOB
I also wanted to say thank you for understanding why I didn't post yesterday. It was a miserable day and I'm glad it's over. I used to do all of my posts in advance. But these days I'm very busy with the promotion stuff for the novel. I have to start promoting it very soon...! But thank you. I really appreciate that all of you still come to the site every day...♡


more saturday shopping ♥ a lab on fire

No comments: