3.04.2012

SUNDAY MATINEE ♥ RIP DAVY JONES :(



I was so sad to hear that one of The Monkees, Davy Jones (the cute cute one), passed away. When I was in junior high/middle school, they would play The Monkees shows from the 60s/70s on one of the local stations and all the girls at my school were obsessed. We tape recorded them and talked about them. We loved the Mods and we LOVED The Monkees. So it's a big part of my teen years or early teen years or tween years. Rather than play some of the show clips, I thought it would be cool to have the movie HEAD (from 1968) on here...the one film The Monkees made. And, yeah...The Monkees are totally fashion related. If you love all that groovy swinging London stuff, the girls in all of their shows and the film have great hair and makeup and dresses and shoes. And the furniture and everything is what I always look for at thrift shops. RIP Davy Jones. You will be missed.♡



Head (1968)

And here's a clip of The Brady Bunch when Davy Jones was on it:



more sunday matinee ♥ union labels documentary

No comments: