5.07.2012

MAKEUP MONDAY ♥ L'OREAL EYESHADOWS

Today I have to do a post on these new-ish L'OREAL INFALLIBLE EYESHADOWS. I haven't really always been an eyeshadow girl. I have pretty big eyes and they're light. I always felt less makeup was more. But these days I'm reallllly loving all the gorgeous looks created by eyeshadow and that it's back in a big big way. But before I head on over and drop a bill or two on Armani or Tom Ford or even Chanel, I wanted to check out some drugstore brands to figure out what colors really work with my eyes. I did do a review on some of the Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadows, which are creamy and pretty cool. But I'd been hearing that the new L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows are a dupe for the Armani Eyes To Kill shadows, especially since L'Oreal and Armani are the same company. And low and behold, the packaging is almost identical down to the little disc to press the pigment down. 

These are pigments that are pressed into the pot. So the colors are super pigmented. I initially had purchased the shade ETERNAL BLACK, which looked like a dupe for Chanel's Mirifique. I am going to still buy the Chanel shadow, but Eternal Black by L'Oreal is pretty damn close. I love it. I can't wait to wear it to an even at night! Or every night when I move to Paris! :)

Chanel Eyeshadow in Mirifique
L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Eternal Black
Then I started hearing that L'Oreal and Armani cosmetics were made by the same company and that the Infallibles were a dupe for the Armani Eyes To Kill, which I had planned on purchasing anyway...I had to investigate. I did and I was won over. So the next time I went to the drugstore, I picked up three more shades: BRONZED TAUPE, AMBER RUSH AND MIDNIGHT BLUE (which I love love love love love). These shadows are amazing. AMAZING. They "read" like expensive shadows. The colors are very luxury looking, if that makes sense. I dunno but these are going to be fun to wear. I especially love Midnight Blue...it reminds me of that amazing blue shadow that Nars does. 

Armani Eyes To Kill in shade 9
L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Amber Rush

L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Bronzed Taupe
L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Midnight Blue
look how amazing they swatch! (though the very first one here is ice latte...which i didn't feature because there are a lot of shadows you can get that look like this shade...but look at the eternal black or midnight blue especially...! bronzed amber looks so armani it's amazing!)


These are my new favorite eye products. I took a while to get them because I didn't really believe they could be this amazing. But they are! I know Armani has some colors you can't get at the drugstore. But some of them are so close, why not get the L'Oreal shadow and get something else high end?

I also have some other high end posts that should go up soon on some amazing product I scored! Stay tuned! Below is a makeup look by Petra Kozina (again!) I'd love to do for a party one day soon!♡



more makeup monday ♥ cote bastide bath

3 comments:

Patri said...

These eyshadows are done by a company that tests on animals so I will never buy anything from them at all. Just my opinion.

montronix said...

that's fine. you shouldn't. i can't really keep track of who tests and who does not. i'm not for it. but it's totally fine if you'd never buy from them. good to know. xmt

montronix said...

actually i looked it up and giorgio armani does not use animals to test cosmetics
http://www.giorgioarmanibeauty-usa.com/Frequently-Asked-Questions/faq,default,pg.html#q1

and loreal, despite or inspite of the controversy, says they have not been animal testing since 1989. i don't know how true that is, but it's on wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%27Or%C3%A9al

and apparently chanel doesn't do testing.

but my beef is (no pun intended) not with cruelty-free products. i think sticking mascara in a bunny's eyes is crazy. but if people are going to make a big deal, then they shouldn't be wearing leather or brands that use any animal products. that's where i get a little confused or annoyed. still, i hear you and agree with you.

i dunno about l'oreal as there is a lot of controversy.

but thanks for bringing it up.