10.29.2012

MM ♥ CURRENT FAVORITES: CIATE, NARS, JOHN MASTERS ♥

I have so many new favorite things that I needed to start covering them. This will be a brief little something and then later on I'll do a more in-depth review of some of these items. Let's begin...

l-r: nars orgasm illuminator (deluxe sample yea!), ciaté in gold digga, sinful colors in nirvana, love &beauty in coffee

So I have a few bits here and there from NARS. I actually remember the first time I went to New York as a teen...and going shopping alone. I went straight to Barney's and to the Nars counter because Nars was quite new then and hard to get. But I have never bought any of the illumintors because I have a huge bottle of Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector which lasts for ev er. But I received a deluxe sample of the Nars Illuminator in Orgasm! Woohoo! This will last me so long, I don't think I'll need to go buy the full size. It's gorgeous shimmer, lives up to the hype. Of course. 



One of my new favorite nail polishes came in a kit. I was sent a couple of kits from Ciaté (that I will be doing a review and a  giveaway with soon). One of the kits was their famous Caviar Manicure kit with some very nice colors. The nail polish in the kit is AMAZING. It's called Gold Digga and it has a very metallic gold finish, but the underlying shade is some kind of dark brown or black. So it doesn't look garish or cheap. It reminds me the the way Biba nail polishes look (in the old photos...I don't own any vintage nail polishes from Biba). It is definitely one of my new favorites. But I promise to do a post on the Caviar Manicure very soon. I just checked the Ciate website and Gold Digga is sold out due to "popular demand".

I also love love the standards I use and have reviewed before...namely Sinful Colors polish in Nirvana which is a dupe for Chanel's Particuliere...it's nice because I can wear it as much as I want without squirming at the price or being bummed about a chip (though it has great lasting power), and the other is from Forever 21. It's their Love and Beauty nail polish in the color Coffee. Now this is a strange color in the bottle. It sort of looks like a greenish brown. Sometimes it looks like a baby poop color. I didn't try this color for ages. But when I wore it finally, it ended up being a very gorgeous really dark milk chocolate color. Not baby poop. :) I think both the F21 and Sinful Colors polishes are under $3. :) 

john masters calendula hydrating and toning mask and pacifica's lip tint in sugared fig.

The next item is a new favorite, though I have owned it for a while now. A while ago I was sent a bunch of John Masters items which I love. But I tried the Calendula Hydrating and Toning Mask and didn't really understand what it did, so I just put it on the shelf. But lately my skin is extra dry and I thought to myself, "Why doesn't this work? It should work. It smells great. I love the amber glass container." So I did some research and I realized I was using it totally wrong! The proper way to use it is to massage it for at least a minute (I take a couple) into the skin and then leave it on. I sort of use it as a cleanser in the morning if my skin needs a drink of moisture. I tried it this way and when I washed it off, my skin looked amazing and felt soft soft soft. So I am now sold. I also love love the chic packaging. You don't need very much so it should last quite a bit. I use it a couple of times a week when I need it. 

Finally, I've been addicted to the new lip tint from Pacifica. I specifically love the smell and feel of the Sugared Fig smell/flavor. I don't know about the color. It has some weird gold shimmer in it. I don't think the colors are very modern. But they hardly show up on my lips because I have color in my lips naturally. But they are so so so moisturizing. And they smell amazing. So I use this every day. I kind of freak out if I can't find it. :) (You can see my other Pacifica review here.)

Okay...that's it for now. I am watching the coverage of East Coast and Hurricane Sandy. I can't believe what Manhattan is going through. One thing the news isn't talking about is...if New York City floods...all those rats that live underground will come up to ground level! SCARY! But on a  serious note (though I wasn't kidding about the rats...millions live under the city), I hope everyone stays safe!♡

more makeup monday ♥ $1 lady gaga skeleton halloween costume

No comments: