12.12.2012

♥ YEA! AMY DAVIS HAS STARTED A NEW BLOG! YUMMY DRESS ♥

Awesome news! My good friend, the amazing illustrator, fashion maven, film creator/actress, stylist, bag designer and Grammy-nominated rockstar AMY DAVIS (you might also have seen here work back in the day when she illustrated a fashion column for Paper magazine called STYLE FIENDS) has launched a blog! FINALLY! And, too boot, it won't only have her amazing stylings and illustrations and makeup selections and humor...she is genius...it seems as though every post will also include a recipe to go along with the outfit! And this isn't just some boring little recipe, y'all. It's actually unique, funny, well-thought out, probably good for you (though I can't imagine they ALL will be healthy for you). Amy is like an education. If you think you know style, you won't think so after you see her work. If you think you know fashion, you'll realize you're learning new things once you read her blog. And of course the recipes are just an added bonus. Well, a triple bonus really. :)

I  have a tiny sneak peek of the first post below...to see the rest...go to YUMMY DRESS and don't forget to sign up via email to receive her new posts in your inbox! 

SNEAK PEEK OF AMY DAVIS' FIRST POST ON HER NEW BLOG: YUMMY DRESS!

I've also asked Amy to answer one or two questions which I'll add to this post once I get them back. So come back and check those out. If you're a regular reader of this blog, then you'll have seen all the posts I've done on her and her hubby, film hero and fellow rockstar Jon Moritsugu.

Here are the questions and the answers!!! Woohoo! :)

WHY DID YOU DECIDE TO FINALLY LAUNCH A BLOG, AMY?
Launchin' a blog was one of those weirdo dreamy creamy ideas I had many moons ago.
I have a BIG MOUTH....BIG OPINIONS and of course...a BIG ASS ATTITUDE...so I needed a BIG VENT or else I'd end up going nutso...know whadda means???
The BLOG equaled that BIG VENT...OMGAWD VENT that word is so weird the more you write it...
I'm an ONLY CHILD so I sorta needed to make my own world and frankly that's what I love about art...you can actually create your own UNIVERSE and perhaps inspire some peeps to either do the same or at least cook some good grub and rock a sick ass frock. (sic)


WHY FASHION AND FOOD (WHICH IS FANTASTIC FANTASTIC)?
Cuz  ya gots ta eat and dress EVERY DAY...unless you are fasting in your jammies.
COME ON! We have to eat and let's face it...it can get DULL,MUNDANE and even gosh darn hard to feed yourself.
I wanted to make the feeding part fun, delish and perhaps a bit nutrish...BUT NOT PREACHY! I really have to watch that as I am a total beeyach sometimes with my know it all 'tude.
BUT that's the fun of it I DO NOT KNOW IT ALL! 
I know that shocks me daily....tee hee
I don't know what any readers health issues or allergies or even religious beliefs about food are.
So I PREACH NOT...and I let peeps make the decision.."Do I wanna eat that? or perhaps substitute  some butter for olive oil...et al"
I do NOT eat a buncha stuff...but I won't even let anyone know what I don't eat cuz it can influence peeps and face it..my tummy AINT YO TUMMY.
That was a lesson I had to learn...we all gots different insides but we all wanna look FABTASTICO on the outside...so VOILA FASHION BABIES!

By coupling both of my obsessionz I created a peaceful venture(for my wack a doodle on overdrive mind) and a total artistic rainbow brite candy colored release for my fever-dreams of Lucien Pellat-Finet sweaters(YOU KNOW THE ONES FASHION KIDS!) and Chanel Bubble bags(TRENDY YES! I STILL WANT ONE YO!) and lotsa glitter lipgloss in shades of periwinkle and dusty rose.OH YUM! on so many levels.

AND it got me outta my funk...I was blocked up ...I couldn't create until... like chocolate meets peanut buttah... Fashion met Food and BUBULAHS I WAS FREED!!!! (sic)


ALL I (YOU) WANT FOR CHRISTMAS (OR HANUKKUH :) IS...
OMGAWD FOR X MAS and HANUKKAH I want free studio time(3 full) days at this hot shit recording studio in Santa Fe FROGVILLE...for my band LOW ON HIGH.
ALSO...I want...THIS IS SOOO LAME OMG CAN I ACTUALLY TELL YOU and risk LOOSING ALL MY KOOL KRED???
I RISK! For being a total nerd is also my forte ...I WANT OMG here it comes...I want that  DANA SCHNEIDER SUNBIRD NECKLACE in 18K GOLD that GAG here it comes...Karen from CALIFORNICATION wears...I KNOW SHOOT ME NOW. It is TOTALLY TRENDY and ON A TV SHO??WTF? WTF?? But I wants it...I won't get it cuz it's too uncool (and close to 3 grand GULPS!) BUT I do want it...Color me TRENDILICIOUS!

And here's the clincher thing I really want...and cue LIFETIME CHANNEL music..I want EVERY HUMAN BEING to FEEL FULFILLED. To actually have the balls to follow their dreams...to not give a FUDGCICLE what anyone thinks about them....to live life happily and generously ...sans regret, bitterness or angst. To SHINE BITCHES! To LAFF to SING to DANCE to EAT to DRINK to ROCK to FUCK and to do it all cuz HONEY I'm 44...and LIFE she keeps on chuggin by...Don't let it pass you by. HEY THAT RHYMES!!! HUGGUMZ! XXX (sic)

 

(Haha...always cracks me up!) Awesome! Thanks!!! And congrats on the blog! xxx NOW everyone head over to YUMMY DRESS and subscribe!♡

(sic) = printed as the interviewee wrote it/answered it.


more wednesday wonder ♥ lanvin xmas tree

No comments: